Step By Step Training
Features that cut through multiple parts in a model or Assembly.
How To Add An Assembly Feature And A Part/Assembly To A Catalog As A Group
Assembly Features (set as empty) and Parts/Assemblies together can be drag & dropped into a Catalog. On drop from the Catalog, the Feature Scope Options will be displayed for the Assembly Feature and then the entire group containing the assembly feature and the parts/assemblies will be dropped. This capability will allow users the ability to drop complicated assemblies that remove material from other parts/assemblies on drop from a catalog (Example would be a window frame drop onto a wall or frame members).
- First, create the desired Assembly Feature Group by creating the Features with the Feature Scope set to Empty (Not cutting any shapes).
- Select the Parts/Assemblies from within the Scene Browser.
- Hold the Shift key and select the desired Assembly Feature Group from the Scene Browser.
- While still holding the Shift key, Left-click and drag the selection set from the Scene Browser into the desired Catalog.
- Drag & Drop the Group into a scene.
- On drop, the Assembly Feature dialog will pop-up to provide options of the Feature Scope.
- Select the desired options and select ok.
- The Assembly Feature Group and the Part/Assembly will be dropped into the scene.
Note: The location of the components will be based on the anchor location of the first selected shape in the group when selecting to drag and drop into the catalog.
Gamla Värmdövägen 2
131 37 Nacka